Writer, Author, Prophetic Voice
We can often get so busy in our day, that we literally forget to breathe. Our kids do too!
Science tells us that in times of stress or concern, we don’t breathe deeply enough. However, science has proven that when we breathe deeply in through our nose and out through our mouth, it activates our parasympathetic pathways which reduces stress, tension and cortisol levels (the stress hormone) in the body and brings alignment back to our nervous system.
God has created such an amazing body! Simply pausing to pay attention to our breath is a powerful way to help our kids pause and position in to rest, and that can result in them experiencing the peace of God at a deeper level.
- Ask your child to sit comfortably (or they can do this before they go to bed too)
- Ask your child to take a few deep breathes through their nose, hold for a few moments, and then breath out.
- Once they have settled a little, ask them to breath in through their nose, and as they do, imagine that all of God’s peace, or hope, or healing (whatever they need to experience from the Lord) is filling their body from the bottom of their feet right to the top of their head.
- Once they have breathed in as much as they can, ask them to hold it in their bodies for three seconds (you can count this for them).
- Then ask them to breath out, and as they do, they are breathing out all their worry, or their sickness etc. It’s totally leaving their body because God has filled them with all his goodness!
- Repeat as needed – we normally do it three times.
Job 33:4 “The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Breathe in peace, breath out worry!