The Secret Place (Part 4)
The Secret Place is anywhere we can be alone with Him because He lives within us. In the Secret Place, we can talk, listen and find rest in God.
We can spend as much or as little time in the Secret Place as we like. It might be a few minutes, other times longer, but it is important to do it daily.
How Many Times Did You See The Symbol?
Look for this weeks hidden symbol in the lesson video and leave your guess down below!
Read Matthew 11:28 in your Bibles or follow along online.
- Where do you like to relax?
- What are some things you can you do to help you relax?
- How do you feel after having a nice rest?
- What do you think it means to find rest in God?
- Why is resting in God so important for us?
- What do you think these “heavy loads” are in Matt 11:28?
- How can we give all our “heavy loads” to God?
- What did Jesus do to help take away all our worries and anxieties?
- How do you imagine God to be when you spend time with Him? What does He look like? What does He say? How does He act?
Prayer is simply talking to God. The Bible says that God hears every single one of our prayers.
Think about the bible passage, What you have learnt?, What is standing out for you? Use these words to talk to God about what you are thinking and how you are feeling.
You may like to ask God a question or sit in a moment of silence in your Secret Place and think.
Whether it’s 10 seconds or 10 minutes, gather with your family and spend a moment in prayer.
If you’ve decided to ask Jesus into your life for the first time, we’d love to hear about it! Please let us know.
Parents: if you’d like any further support in discipling your child after this decision please know we’re here to help and would love to provide any support we can.
Submit a photo of you and your family doing church at home. It could be selfie-style as you watch the video on the TV, or perhaps a photo of you with your Bible open to this week’s story. You can be as creative as you like!
Parents: We will not share any photos until we specifically contact you to request so.