The Secret Place (Part 2)
The Secret Place is anywhere we can be alone with Him because He lives within us. In the Secret Place, we can talk, listen and find rest in God.
We can spend as much or as little time in the Secret Place as we like. It might be a few minutes, other times longer, but it is important to do it daily.
How Many Times Did You See The Symbol?
Look for this weeks hidden symbol in the lesson video and leave your guess down below!
Read Matthew 6:6 in your Bibles or follow along online.
- Do you have a best friend? What are your favourite things to talk about with them?
- How does it make you feel when you talk to your best friend?
- What do you think are the differences between praying with others and praying by yourself?
- What do you think God wants us to talk to Him about?
- How do you think God feels when we take the time to talk with Him?
- Why should we pray to God in the Secret Place?
- What are you going to talk to God about the next time you’re with Him in the Secret Place?
- Jesus tells us about a group of people who pretend to be holy but they’re not. Praying to God would normally be a good thing, what were they doing wrong? (Matt 6:5)
- Jesus teaches us not to blather while we pray (talk too much for no reason). Do you think God hears us better when we use more words while praying? (Matt 6:7)
Prayer is simply talking to God. The Bible says that God hears every single one of our prayers.
Think about the bible passage, What you have learnt?, What is standing out for you? Use these words to talk to God about what you are thinking and how you are feeling.
You may like tell him something you are thankful for, ask him a question or even tell him something you are looking forward for.
Whether it’s 10 seconds or 10 minutes, gather with your family and spend a moment in prayer.
If you’ve decided to ask Jesus into your life for the first time, we’d love to hear about it! Please let us know.
Parents: if you’d like any further support in discipling your child after this decision please know we’re here to help and would love to provide any support we can.
Submit a photo of you and your family doing church at home. It could be selfie-style as you watch the video on the TV, or perhaps a photo of you with your Bible open to this week’s story. You can be as creative as you like!
Parents: We will not share any photos until we specifically contact you to request so.