Love Gives Generously (Part 2)
This month the Neuma Kids will be learning all about ‘Love Gives Generously’. Jesus taught His disciples that it is better to give than to receive (Acts 20:35). This means rather than hoarding God’s blessings for ourselves, we should think about how we can bless and give to other people. That’s why it’s so important to ask ourselves, “Am I growing in generosity?”.
This week we will be looking at how God loves everybody and how He gifted us eternal life through Jesus.
Read John 4:10 in your Bibles or follow along online.
- What is the best present you’ve ever received?
- What was God’s great gift to the world?
- Why did God give Jesus as a gift to the world?
- Why do you think it’s so important that we understand and believe that God loves us so much?
- Do you think it’s easy to love everyone? What about the people who annoy us or people we disagree with, can we still love them?
- What thoughts and feelings do you have knowing that God loved us while we were still sinners, when we didn’t know Him and wanted to be boss of our lives?
- What does the media (TV, internet, magazines) and friends/family who don’t attend church say about love? What would their meaning of love be?
- How is God’s love different to the way the world tells us what love is?
- What are some things we can do to show God’s love to the world
Prayer is simply talking to God. The Bible says that God hears every single one of our prayers.
Think about the bible passage, What you have learnt?, What is standing out for you? Use these words to talk to God about what you are thinking and how you are feeling.
You are precious to God and he has gifted you with eternal life through Jesus. Take a moment to think about how you can give love generously. Whether it’s 10 seconds or 10 minutes, gather with your family and spend a moment in prayer.
If you’ve decided to ask Jesus into your life for the first time, we’d love to hear about it! Please let us know.
Parents: if you’d like any further support in discipling your child after this decision please know we’re here to help and would love to provide any support we can.
This Months Memory Verse…
Submit a photo of you and your family doing church at home. It could be selfie-style as you watch the video on the TV, or perhaps a photo of you with your Bible open to this week’s story. You can be as creative as you like!
Parents: We will not share any photos until we specifically contact you to request so.