Holy Spirit Series (Part 4)
This month the Neuma Kids will be learning all about the Holy Spirit. Each week they will come to know that the Holy Spirit is God and part of the trinity, that God sent Him to help us so we can connect with the Father and the Church so we can connect others to God. The Holy Spirit does all of this by transforming us day by day to be more like Jesus!
Read John 3:5-6 in your Bibles or follow along online.
- When is your birthday? How many birthdays do you have a year? Do you wish you had more?
- What do you think the word “transformation” means?
- What are some things that transform?
- How do you think the Holy Spirit transforms us from the inside out?
- Why does the Holy Spirit transform us to be more like Jesus?
- What do you think Jesus meant when He said we must be born again? (John 3:3)
- Look up the Bible verse, 2 Corinthians 5:17. How are we a new creation of God? What do you think that means?
- Do you think the Holy Spirit transforms us straight away or throughout our whole life? Do you think both answers could be correct? If so, how?
- Jesus said in John 14:12, “What I’m about to tell you is true. Anyone who believes in me will do the works I have been doing. In fact, they will do even greater things”. What do you think are the greater things Jesus expected His believers would be able to do?
Prayer is simply talking to God. The Bible says that God hears every single one of our prayers.
Think about the bible passage, What you have learnt?, What is standing out for you? Use these words to talk to God about what you are thinking and how you are feeling.
When we pray, We pray in faith. Take a moment to thank the Holy Spirit for guiding our lives, helping us understand the Bible, equipping us with spiritual gifts, helping us to sort our feelings and helping us live a life that obeys and honours God.
Whether it’s 10 seconds or 10 minutes, gather with your family and spend a moment in prayer.
If you’ve decided to ask Jesus into your life for the first time, we’d love to hear about it! Please let us know.
Parents: if you’d like any further support in discipling your child after this decision please know we’re here to help and would love to provide any support we can.
Submit a photo of you and your family doing church at home. It could be selfie-style as you watch the video on the TV, or perhaps a photo of you with your Bible open to this week’s story. You can be as creative as you like!
Parents: We will not share any photos until we specifically contact you to request so.