Freedom is a Responsibility (Part 3)
This month the Neuma Kids will be learning all about the Kingdom Culture value, Freedom is a Responsibility. Each week they will come to understand how Jesus set us free from the slavery of sin, learn to honour God with the choices we make, be aware of excuses we make to cover up disobedience and respond as Jesus would, and how to use our freedom to serve others in love.
This week we will be looking at how God wants me to be more like Jesus rather than make excuses for sin!
Read 1 Corinthians 10:23 in your Bibles or follow along online.
- What does it mean to make an excuse?
- What are some excuses you have heard from friends or family?
- What sort of things have you made excuses for; what did you say? Do you say things like “I’m busy”, “I’ll do it later”, “I forgot”?
- Do you think Jesus ever made any excuses or was He always faithful to what He said? Can you think of any examples?
- What sort of character or heart did Jesus have?
- What are some things we can do or change in ourselves to be more like Jesus?
- How is it possible for us to use our freedom in Jesus to make excuses for our sins? Can you think of any examples? (1 Cor. 10:23)
- If Jesus set us free from sin and the punishment for sin, should we be allowed to do whatever we want?
- Why does God care more about who we are (our character) rather than the things we do?
Prayer is simply talking to God. The Bible says that God hears every single one of our prayers.
Think about the bible passage, What you have learnt?, What is standing out for you? Use these words to talk to God about what you are thinking and how you are feeling.
God loves you no matter what, take a moment to have a conversation with Him and talk about how you are developing a Christlike character.
Whether it’s 10 seconds or 10 minutes, gather with your family and spend a moment in prayer.
If you’ve decided to ask Jesus into your life for the first time, we’d love to hear about it! Please let us know.
Parents: if you’d like any further support in discipling your child after this decision please know we’re here to help and would love to provide any support we can.
Submit a photo of you and your family doing church at home. It could be selfie-style as you watch the video on the TV, or perhaps a photo of you with your Bible open to this week’s story. You can be as creative as you like!
Parents: We will not share any photos until we specifically contact you to request so.